This baby nursery includes pops of cheerful color as a perfect contrast for a white crib. Every detail counts in a small room like this. The room design blends old and new for a charming, one-of-a-kind look.
- Periwinkle stripes on the upper portion of the wall add height to the room.
- The old green trunk is a family heirloom that adds interest and storage.
- Stripes are repeated in a smaller scale on the green crib bedding.
- Framed pages from an antique children's book create instant art.
A cheerful apple green gingham fabric was the inspiration for this room -- a traditional but unexpected mix of pinks and greens. A coordinating fabric assortment of plaids, dots, checks, florals, and gingham mixes scales and colors to create a cozy room for baby.
- An upholstered chair and ottoman are dressed in multiple patterns with rick-rack.
- Pink toile wallpaper is a soft background pattern that can grow with a child.
- Wood floors are painted in a green gingham pattern, then covered with a textured pink rug.
- Two fabrics plus a ribbon border decorate the bed skirt with ultrafeminine flavor.
Inspired by leaves in the crib bedding, a painted treetop silhouette climbs the wall of this nursery, cuddling baby under a quiet canopy. Gentle colors soften the room's clean-cut modern style. In a variety of shapes and sizes, pillows and cushions rotate around the room as needed on the floor, chair, and window seat.
- White furniture and moldings, which balance the darker walls, keep the room light and airy.
- A window seat and kitchen-cabinet-turned-changing-table are smart storage solutions.
- Bold motifs on the bedding and pillows fit with the nursery's other whimsical patterns.
- A linen roller shade without dangerous dangling cords diffuses light.
This boy's nursery isn't typical in color or in pattern; its refreshing chocolate and blue tones and bold patterns fit seamlessly with the home's other contemporary notes. The bold swirled rug puts the whole room in motion. Its hip hues inspired the striped and polka-dot crib bedding and robin's-egg blue walls.
- A solid crib skirt is a spot for the eyes to rest between the patterned rug and crib bumper.
- Large letters in funky patterns spell out the boy's name for personalized artwork.
- Framed nursery rhyme illustrations temper the room's grown-up flavor.
- Hip designs and unexpected colors create a nursery that can grow with its occupant.
This soft yellow nursery creates a cheerful reminder of sunny afternoons out in the country. Quilts, soft fabrics, and a few vintage accessories accomplish this nicely.
- A rag rug on the floor shares the vintage feel.
- A wavy chenille fabric appears on the crib and window valance for a textural touch.
- The high shelf is a wonderful way to display toys and accessories out of baby's reach.
- A quilt-pattern wall mural sets the stage for this star-bright room.
Yards of dotted sheer netting were knotted and hung from the ceiling before being draped and puddled around the crib. Though it should be tied back or removed when baby begins reaching, the fabric can always be made into pretty curtains to hang at the window instead.
- Lime green and hot pink offer a contemporary look for a nursery.
- Enliven unfinished furniture by painting it to match fabric patterns.
- Narrow shelves offer display space over the window and near the crib.
The canopy above the crib adds a simple but dramatic touch to this nursery. The green-and-blue polka-dot fabric was the starting point for the room's design. The silk fabric creates a serene color scheme and a formal look that matches the home's traditional decor.
- An iron crib gives the room detail and character.
- A papier-mache mobile is suspended from the top peg of the canopy to hang directly over the crib.
- A comfortable new glider is painted to complement the room's decor.
- Hand-tinted artwork adds to the room's vintage appeal.
Paint plays a big role in this lively nursery. Bold horizontal stripes on the walls in a variety of cool blues and grassy greens give the room energy and create a pondlike backdrop for an under-the-sea theme, complete with frog and fish accessories.
- A comfortable chair is essential in a nursery.
- Suspend stuffed animals from the ceiling for a unique mobile.
- Paint a basic white dresser to match the room's color palette.
- Short curtains keep them out of a little one's reach.
Cuddly jungle animals are a sweet theme for a little boy's room. In this nursery, animals come to life on the walls, bedding, and flooring. Rather than pushing all the furniture against the walls, a play area anchored by a round rug is centered in the room.
- Capitalizing on the bedding's red accents makes a bold, boyish statement.
- The painted animal motifs were pulled from the crib bedding.
- A chunky rug is soft on the hands, knees, and feet.
- In the small bench, toys and art supplies are stored in plastic bins.